This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented and well-connected Business Development Manager to become part of an incredibly exciting international engineering business. MetLase is a highly innovative company – providing bespoke engineering solutions to complex manufacturing and maintenance problems where precision and speed of deployment are critical. Using patented techniques developed within the Aerospace sector, MetLase products are applied across multiple manufacturing sectors such as Automotive, Construction, Nuclear and Defence.
Based on the patented MetLase process, significant investment in the development digital technologies has resulted of a suite of Core Digital Products. Two of these are now near market ready, resulting in the requirement to create a new role of “Business Development Manager – Core Digital Products”.
You will sell our newly developed Core Digital Products to OEM’s and Tier One companies in across multiple sectors. You will need to be an extremely capable professional able to communicate on a technical basis with engineers, budget holders and senior management alike. You must have a flair for identifying new opportunities through innovation to create growth. Your responsibilities will include:
- Launch the first MetLase Core Digital Products, generating significant levels of sales in 2020
- Identify new applications for MetLase Core Digital Products
- Sales input to the New Product Introduction planning process
- Account Management for a broad range of customers
- Contribute to the sales strategy to achieve significant levels of growth
- Deliver profitable sales and account growth
- Identify and exploit opportunities for growth through digital innovation
- Develop growth plans with the customer
- Play an active role in supporting Customer Engagement teams within MetLase and the Unipart Group
- Lead and support MetLase Engineers in the commercial and sales aspects of their role
- Contribute to Marketing activities
You must have a sales background with a OEM’s and Tier One companies. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced sales person – in a digital engineering/technical sales specialism
- Must currently operate in, and have in depth knowledge of, digital manufacturing technologies, Industry 4.0, automation, artificial intelligence and/or machine learning.
- Self-driven to achieve challenging targets – ability to quickly identify and exploit sales growth opportunities
- Proven track record of delivering growth
- Customer facing skills – able to inter-face with the Customer and be credible at a senior level, backed up by an existing network of senior level contacts
- Digital manufacturing experience – understands the digital manufacturing process and has experience to be able to discuss engineering and design issues credibly with the client
- Be able to demonstrate an innovative approach to developing growth
- Financially literate and ability to take responsibility for profitability of new business
- Understanding /experience of the sales process
- Ability to put together effective propositions
- Ability to understand and discuss contractual issues
- Qualified to minimum of BEng/BSc or equivalent is essential
- Strong influencer with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop networks with Customers, Suppliers, Engineers and within MetLase and its parent companies, to ensure the business consistently provides a high quality service which exceeds Customer requirements
- Enthusiastic, results orientated, self-motivated individual with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Must hold a valid UK Driving License and be available to travel as required
- Permanent right to work and reside in the UK
An excellent salary and benefits package is on offer to the right candidates as well as the opportunity to operate in an entrepreneurial business at the forefront of international engineering.
Interested in applying?
Send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com