MetLase provides bespoke engineering solutions to complex problems, where precision and speed of deployment are critical. MetLase has built a multi-disciplinary engineering team capable of delivering custom design, innovation and operational efficiencies.
Due to business growth we are now lloking to recruit a Workshop Technician to be responsible for the support of all workshop activities including the preparation of parts laser cut from sheet metal and the assembly of a variety of products, ensuring they meet specification.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manufacturing/assembly of new products working with Engineers, ensuring they meet specification, functional, design and business performance requirements.
- Involvement in the manufacturing of innovative products from concept to operation including, prototyping, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
- Measurement and inspection of products ensuring they are up to specification.
- Supporting other engineers within the team.
- Ensuring intellectual property and commercial issues associated with product development and introduction are effectively managed with suppliers and customers.
- Developing own knowledge and ability.
- Continuous improvement activities to support business growth.
- Workshop support, equipment maintenance, stock check.
- Keeping senior management and Engineers up-to-date on project status and progress.
The successful candidate will hold a Level 3 qualification in Engineering or NVQ level 3 in Engineering or higher.. They will have previous experience of using hand tools will have previously worked in a manufacturing/assembly environment. will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- IT skills
- Strong planning
- Organising and time management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Be quality focused
- Be self-motivated
- Flexible and committed to achieving team/site objectives
- Strong team player
- A background in manufacturing engineering.
In return, you will benefit from monthly 1-1s with your line manager, a PDP designed specifically for you, twice yearly appraisals, Employee Engagement surveys, wellbeing events and employee benefits through Unipart Group.
- Hours: 38hrs per week
- Location: Advanced Manufacturing Park, Sheffield
- Benefits: 25 days holiday + statutory Bank Holidays, DC Pension Scheme, cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance