MetLase provides bespoke engineering solutions to complex problems where precision and speed of deployment are critical. Using patented techniques developed within the Aerospace sector, MetLase technologies are now being applied across multiple manufacturing industries such as automotive, construction, defence, energy and renewables.
We are excited to be recruitinf for a Sales/Business Development Manager to join our Sales team to help support our growth plans. The role will be responsibile for generating new business opportunities to deliver sales growth of MetLase Digital Products, prospecting for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking. The post holder will be expected to build strong relationsips with both internal & external customers as well as the internal Engineering team.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify, qualify and develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers to generate the sales growth required to meet targets.
- Achievement of sales targets, profit and growth for designated customers – both in sales and margins
- Understand, articulate and sell MetLase’s product and service propositions
- To maintain CRM with all relevant customer information and opportunities
- Supporting the deployment of the Customer Engagement System ensuring collaborative working practice
- Working with the sales and operations team to plan, prepare and deliver responses to ITT/RFQ, presentations and proposals to existing and prospective customers
- Undertaking financial analysis of all sales ensuring margins are maximised and profit delivered in line with plan
- Production of management information for both internal and external use to deliver improvements and exceed customer’s expectations
- Working with legal in the preparation of contract reviews
- Communicating clearly, robustly and timely with the customer
- Working closely with management across the business to identify opportunity for growth
- Managing and representing the business at conferences, fairs and networking events
- To achieve and maintain a minimum of level 3 competency in the Unipart Way Tools and Techniques
- Any other duties/responsibilities as identified and commensurate with the role
- Maintenance of extensive knowledge of market conditions
- Attending regular contract and performance reviews across the customer base to enhance
- satisfaction ensuring retention and growth
- Working with the engineering team to ensure all customer requirements are delivered upon
- Attendance at Strategic Reviews (internal and external) supporting the Sales Director
- Work in a safe manner, taking reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other people at work, following appropriate Health and Safety guidance, training and company rules and
- procedures as appropriate
- Report any accidents, hazards or dangerous / unsafe behaviour to your line manager immediately
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a Sales role which identified new opportunities and delivered growth. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential along with experience in proposal writing and technical comprehension. The ability to sell and negotiate with closing skills and a good level of IT literacy are also essential in the role. A formal professional sales qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following technical/behavioural competencies;
- Hunter/prospector salesperson.
- Commercial deal structuring.
- Proposition development.
- Proposal/bid creation.
- Presentation Skills.
- Negotiation and closing skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Understanding of contracts and legal terms.
- Customer engagement systems and competencies.
- CRM knowledge.
- High degree of numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of supply chain activities.
In return, you will benefit from monthly 1-1s with your line manager, a PDP designed specifically for you, twice yearly appraisals, Employee Engagement surveys, wellbeing events and employee benefits through Unipart Group.
- Hours: 38hrs per week
- Location: Advanced Manufacturing Park, Sheffield
- Benefits: 25 days holiday + statutory Bank Holidays, DC Pension Scheme, Business needs car, cycle of work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance