MetLase is a joint-venture between Rolls-Royce and Unipart, which provides bespoke engineering solutions to complex problems, where precision and speed of deployment are critical. MetLase has built a multi-disciplinary engineering team capable of delivering custom design, innovation and operational efficiencies.
We are excited to be recruiting for a Design Engineer (Mechanical) to join the busy team in Sheffiled. Reporting to the Lead Engineer, and working closely with the rest of the engineering team, the Design Engineer (Mechanical) will be responsible for the design and development of new products, working with customers and their engineering departments to ensure they meet specification, functional, and business performance requirements. You will also be responsible for solving complex problems for customers and prepare designs and calculations to support the development of a wide range of leading-edge fixtures and products.
Key responsibilities fo the role include:
- Development of new products working with customers and their engineering departments, ensuring they meet specification, functional, design and business performance requirements.
- Involvement in the design and development of innovative products from concept to operation including system specification, definition, prototyping, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
- Producing drawings, calculations, specifications and technical reports which may include performance and failure investigation for a wide variety of products.
- Assessment of technical, time and material requirements for the preparation of customer quotations
- Supporting other engineers within the team.
- Ensuring intellectual property and commercial issues associated with product development and introduction are effectively managed with suppliers and customers.
- Developing own knowledge and ability. Continuous improvement activities to support business growth
- Keeping senior management up-to-date on project status and progress.
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering subject, and will have a proven background in product design and development with significant experience in the use of CAD systems preferably NX. Candidates must also have a high degree of initiative and strong problem-solving capability and possess the ability to work independently and contribute effectively as a member of a high-performance team.
In return, you will benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), company pension scheme, monthly 1-1s with your line manager, a PDP designed specifically for you, twice yearly appraisals, Employee Engagement surveys, wellbeing events and employee benefits through Unipart Group.
- Hours: 38hrs per week
- Location: Advanced Manufacturing Park, Sheffield
- Benefits: 25 days holiday + statutory Bank Holidays, DC Pension Scheme, cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance